- GEV appoints experienced maritime professional, Per Roed, as Chief Technical Officer
- Per will drive innovation, design, construction, and delivery of GEV’s hydrogen shipping and port solutions, and play an important role in business case and project development activities.
- Per has over 20 years of experience in ship design, newbuilds, ship management and marine and commercial operations of chemical tankers, standard and small-scale gas carriers, terminals, gas supply and import solutions.
- His recent experience includes a senior management role with Stolt-Nielsen and as CTO of Avenir LNG, where he led the successful management of investments in new chemical tanker and small-scale LNG tonnage and the start-up of Avenir’s first LNG terminal.
- Per will be based in Rotterdam and then transition to Norway from July 2022 where GEV plans to establish a new European office.Global Energy Ventures is pleased to announce it has strengthened its executive team through the appointment of Per Roed as Chief Technical Officer . Per will commence on 7 February 2022 and report to the Managing Director and CEO, Martin Carolan.GEV’s Non-Executive Chairman, Andrew Pickering commented: “We are delighted to have secured someone with the calibre of Per who I have known for many years during my time at Stolt-Neilsen and as the founding CEO of Avenir LNG. I have seen firsthand his talent to identify innovative ways to optimise and manage newbuild design and construction, and his dedication and global network from previous roles will be invaluable to GEV at this exciting stage.”
GEV’s Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. Martin Carolan added: “The appointment of Per is a major accomplishment for GEV given his track-record and global experience. It is also recognition of the ambitious program we have underway to deliver compressed hydrogen solutions globally. The 20 years of technical experience in marine design, construction and delivery of tankers will be invaluable as we embark upon the next 12-24 months of development of our shipping program with detailed design, class approvals and working with yards for newbuilds. Per also has extensive experience in developing business cases that include storage and port solutions that will assist our development and delivery of compressed hydrogen projects.”
“GEV’s growth means we not only need transformational engineering leadership, but also a highly capable and respected leader who can attract and develop world-class talent to our team.”
Per Roed commented on his appointment: “Hydrogen has the potential to be the clean energy of the future. For this reason, I am very excited to join GEV to take the opportunity to develop and deliver innovative compressed hydrogen projects. I look forward to introducing my network of industry stakeholders to GEV’s efficient hydrogen production and shipping solutions, which have the potential to facilitate a measurable switch to hydrogen in the global energy mix. GEV can offer this through efficient hydrogen production and shipping solutions.”
Home Offshore Energy GEV appoints Chief Technical Officer to drive global development of compressed hydrogen...