MPC Container Ships ASA , and together with its subsidiaries, is pleased to announce the following market and company update and measures taken to implement the Company’s distribution plan. The update includes the following:
- Completion of the balance sheet optimization in Q4 2021 leading to more than 30 vessels being unencumbered
- The container market started the year 2022 even stronger than it ended 2021
- Over the past weeks, MPCC has concluded seven additional multi-year charter fixtures (at strong rates and for forward positions) and one additional vessel sale
- As of 1 January 2022 contracted revenues increased to ~USD 1.2 billion and projected secured EBITDA is more than USD 850 million
- An amount of USD 150 – 160 million in proceeds from vessel sales is available for event-driven distributions already in Q1 2022
- An extraordinary general meeting will be held on 28 January 2022, where authorisations for both dividend distributions and share buy-backs are proposed to be granted to the board, to commence event-driven and recurring distributions
For further details on the market and operational update on the Company, please refer to the attached presentation. An investor call will be hosted on Wednesday 19 January at 10:00 CET. Please see below for call-in details.
The above information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.