sea chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage about 16,000 employees on-board a fleet of more than 65 of seagoing and river cruise ships; plus, we employ 200 employees in our shore-side offices based in Cyprus, Germany, Switzerland and Malta.
We are looking to hire:
Position: EXPERIENCED SHIP’S PAYROLL OFFICER
We need a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with expert knowledge, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making a positive impact and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful in this position, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Candidates should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Diploma in Accounting/Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in Ship’s Payroll
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral.
- Computer literate (Windows environment, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel).
- General awareness ISO standards and GDPR requirements.
- Be an EU citizen or have a Work Permit.
- Dedication and full commitment to tasks at hand
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Effective ‘people skills’; ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisational structure
- Communication skills; being able to communicate with colleagues at all levels, in a professional manner
- Willing to learn and understand the demands and needs of the clients
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to meet end of month deadlines
- Must be able to multitask, work independently and work under pressure
- To communicate with the entire payroll team
- Show dedication and full commitment to the tasks at hand
- Be punctual and presentable.
- Able to pay the crew on time according to set deadlines .
- Able to process payroll data, credits and debits.
- Answer emails efficiently within a timely manner
- Learn and understand software reporting
- Learn and understand company requirements
- Learn the circle of the entire Finance team
- Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email address: OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
We will use the data contained in the CV for recruitment purposes only.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored in a predetermined folder in our database where access is controlled.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which you will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shore-side Candidates.
This recruitment invitation ends at the 24th March 2020 at 13:00.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence