Sea chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage about 16,000 employees on-board a fleet of more than 65 of seagoing and river cruise ships; plus, we employ 200 employees in our shoreside offices based in Cyprus, Germany, Switzerland and Malta.
We are looking to hire:
Position: SENIOR CREWING OFFICER
We need a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with expert knowledge, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making a positive impact and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful in this position, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Candidates should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Diploma/Degree in Shipping/Human Resources/Management
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in the same mentioned position
- Excellent knowledge of the English and German languages both written and oral.
- Computer literate (Windows environment, Microsoft Word & Excel)
- General awareness ISO standards and GDPR requirements.
- Be an EU citizen or have a Work Permit.
- Ownership & Accountability
- Diligence in completing the expected amount of work
- Complying with quality expectations
- Demonstrating judgement and ingenuity, in the absence of firm guidelines/rules
- Delivering work which is accurate and with sound attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Effective ‘people skills’; ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisational structure
- Communication skills; being able to communicate with colleagues at all levels, in a professional manner
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and comprehensive way
- Willing to learn and understand the demands and needs of the clients
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Must be able to multitask and set priorities
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Show dedication and commitment to the tasks at hand
- Must have good geographical sense as organization of travels is part of daily duties
- Desire to grow and develop within the Company
- Be punctual and presentable.
- Learn and understand Company requirements with regards servicing of clients and performance of work activities
- Works closely with the responsible Operations Managers for the execution of client’s contracts
- Supervises and manages the work of Crewing Dept ensuring compliance with Company’s IMS regarding crew selection, engagement, transportation, repatriation and relevant support during employment including medical disembarkation etc.
- Undertake tasks and contribute to team effort as necessary
- Provide high standard of service to internal and external clients
- Be efficient and professional with all email communication
- Travel to vessels as and when required
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email address: OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
We will use the data contained in the CV for recruitment purposes only.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored in a predetermined folder in our database where access is controlled.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which you will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shore-side Candidates.
This recruitment invitation ends on the 21st March 2020 at 13:00.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.