|Marine Stores Officer|
|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals – people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|• Ensure that the vessels are supplied with authorised stores and other products in a timely manner within budget and approved costs, consistent with Company’s Quality and Procurement Department policies in force.
• To achieve the targeted budgets established with clients and ensure that Marine Stores service provided meets/exceeds client expectations.
• To assist clients swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested.
• To assist the various departments swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested.
|1. Input vessels requisitions into the company’s system, clarifying any additional information as required, in a timely and reliable manner.
2. Select suppliers from approved suppliers lists, issue enquiries and orders; using Group contracts where applicable. Pay special attention to fast track and over budget items.
3. Co-ordinate delivery of Marine Stores on authorisation from relevant departments and advise them of any problems.
4. Advise Marine Stores shipment details to vessels and vessel’s agents.
5. Manage the progress and delivery of orders on-board; resolve any discrepancies, as advised by vessel with suppliers.
6. Co-ordinate the most cost-effective freight and delivery of supplies to the vessel.
7. Receive, check and authorise invoices within the scope of the procedure and pass to Accounts Department for payment.
8. Any other duties which management may require to be carried out.
|• Experience in a marine purchasing role.
• Good understanding of finance and possess good analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Accounting systems.
• Very good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• The highest personal integrity standards, a positive outlook and be self-motivated to develop & succeed.
• A good command of the English language both written and oral.
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector – a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|14 May 2021|