Scope of duties:
This position is responsible to provide support to users of the company and in branch offices and vessels for any IT related issues and check for any issues regarding hardware and software. The IT System Administrator & Software Developer is also responsible for maintain and further developing existing or new custom software.
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing software
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Works with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Prepares reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Directs software programming and documentation development
- Maintains the IT infrastructure.
- Provides user support for IT related issues of the company and its branch offices.
- Maintains and supports IT related issues on board company’s vessels.
- Assists with maintenance of company’s websites.
- Executes any other duties assigned by the IT Manager.
- Analyses code for weaknesses and errors, and present detailed plans to improve them
- Implements Company’s QMS and makes suggestions for improvements.
Required Qualifications / Competencies:
- Associates on bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field or equivalent experience required.
- At least 2 years of Data Base, Network Administration, or System Administration experience.
- 3 years of experience developing and implementing software applications
- Experience working on large-scale software projects
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
- Strong understanding of database development, ideally with MSSQL Server, Oracle SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes, and query optimization
- Experience developing customized code for multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both English and Greek
Interested candidates kindly send your CV to [email protected]