As a follow up from the reporting we have so far made on the on-going Coronavirus pandemic, please find below a short note on a number of additional measures announced earlier this evening by the President of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr. Nicos Anastasiades in a televised media statement:
From 01:00 hours of 15 March and for a period of 15 days in the first phase, the prohibition of entry in Cyprus to any citizen – regardless of nationality – who does not fall into the following categories:
- Cypriot citizens.
- Legal residents in the Republic of Cyprus.
- European nationals or third-country nationals working in the Republic.
- Nationals of countries who are in a designated diplomatic service or mission under bilateral or international conventions.
- Individual cases of European nationals or third-country nationals for unavoidable professional obligations, provided that the relevant authorization has been obtained from the competent Ministry.
- European or third country citizens attending educational institutions in the Republic of Cyprus.
The suspension of classes in public and private educational institutions of the country is extended until 10 April.
We shall continue monitoring this important matter and keep you advised accordingly.