Sea chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage about 16,000 employees on-board a fleet of more than 65 of seagoing and river cruise ships; plus, we employ 200 employees in our shore-side offices based in Cyprus, Germany, Switzerland and Malta.
We are looking to hire:
Position: Experienced Budgets and Expenses Controller
We need a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with expert knowledge, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making a positive impact and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful in this position, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Candidates should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- Minimum 2-3 years proven experience in the Finance/Accounting area in the shipping sector
- Knowledge of Accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral.
- Computer literate (Windows environment, MS Office).
- Advanced MS Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables etc.).
- Be an EU citizen or have a Work Permit.
Good organisational and time management skills
Effective ‘people skills’ ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisational structure
Communication skills; being able to communicate with colleagues at all levels, in a professional manner
Sound business sense and the ability to work to budgets
Skill in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports
Ability to present complex issues in a clear and comprehensive way
Willing to learn and understand the demands and needs of the clients
Must be able to work as part of a team
Must be able to meet end of month deadlines
Must be able to multitask, work independently and work under pressure
Show dedication and full commitment to the tasks at hand
Desire to grow and develop within the Company
Be punctual and presentable
- Prepare and monitor all required Seagoing, River Vessel & Office Budgets
- Prepare Monthly and Quarterly Vessel results
- Prepare various Costing Projects for new clients
- Prepare Project related reporting (crewing & payroll analysis)
- Learn and understand software reporting (crewing software, accounting software, business intelligence tools)
- Learn and understand company requirements
- Learn the circle of the entire Finance function
- Must always be available to take upon any other assignments, projects or responsibilities indicated by the Management
**Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply
We will use the data contained in the CV for recruitment purposes only.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored in a predetermined folder in our database where access is controlled.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which you will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shore-side Candidates.
This recruitment invitation ends at the 24th March 2020 at 13:00.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.