Established in 1976 and based in Cyprus, Hanseatic Chartering Ltd provides ship owners with customised solutions in Commercial management, Chartering and Sales & Purchase. Continuous analysis of market trends and close monitoring of emerging opportunities in a rapidly changing environment allows us to offer up-to-date intelligence to our customers. We are entrusted with the commercial management of over 90 vessels trading worldwide, across the segments of containerships, bulk carries, LPG carriers, chemical/product and crude oil tankers. http://hanseatic-chartering.com/
Assist in the efficient operation of the assigned vessels through various functional activities and ensuring the day to day operation of the assigned vessels are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide support with the employment of the vessels; provide requested information during negotiations, review recap, CP terms and provide comments.
- Commercial operations and post fixture chartering.
- Liaise with Masters, Charterers/Brokers, Managers and Owners on Commercial/operational matters.
- Voyage instructions to Masters
- Arrange bunkers and appointment of Agents
- Handle cargo claims and commercial/Charter party disputes
- Monitoring vessels in port and ensure quick turnaround and review cargo documents including Bills of Lading. Follow up on the vessel position and assisting Master to ensure compliance with the C/P requirements on Commercial/Operational matters.
- Review all necessary vessel inspection reports, quarterly financial reports and documentation concerning vessel performance and operational issues.
Invoicing and timely recovery of charter hire / freight / demurrage, etc.
Education & Qualifications
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers or having a recognized Degree in the shipping field
At least 2 years carrying similar duties within a maritime services company
- Knowledge of port procedures and processes
- Knowledge of local and international Customs regulation
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Very good people management skills
- Fluency in English
- PC literacy
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send your CV by email to the Attention of Mr. Theodoulos Demetriou vacancies.HCL@hanseatic-chartering.com, by Friday, 20th December 2019, with a cover letter, explaining the reasons you would be suited to this position.