|This role is responsible for driving operational performance and execution in the relevant market/region, ensuring the consistent application, execution and compliance to all relevant technical and HSEQ requirements across the Fleet Cells within his/her area of responsibility.
Ensuring adherence to and compliance with all relevant instructions and procedures of V.Ships Safety & Quality Management System (VMS) , technical and crew management agreements, local, national and international statutory and legal requirements and applicable safety and environmental legislation is a core deliverable for this role.
This role is accountable for growing V.Group’s share of the customer’s business by superior service delivery.
|• Deliver vessel performance that is significantly superior than our clients could deliver themselves or by using other ship managers.
• Drive transformation of the fleet cell model – use of Centres of Excellence, technology, data and new ways of working.
• Ensure that the VMS is established in the offices and throughout the managed fleet and that adequate resource are available to enable the safe and efficient operation of the managed fleet ensuring absolute regard for the environment and/or property. Initiate an annual management review of the Company’s Safety & Quality Management System to monitor and, where appropriate, improve office performance.
• Ensure that client relationships are pro-actively developed by aiming to continuously improve the level of service provided in accordance with the relevant Management Agreements and to consistently improve customer temperature and NPS. In the event of a client complaint ensure it is promptly investigated, appropriate corrective action is taken and that the senior management and the client are advised accordingly.
• Ensure throughout the managed fleet that all relevant management processes, procedures and systems are in place and executed according to the relevant standards and expectations.
• Ensure the effective implementation of the annual budget process across the managed fleet to ensure budget targets are met, revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimized. In conjunction with the MD ensure prompt collection of management fees and invoices.
• In partnership with Crew Management ensure that qualified, competent and experienced staff are appointed, retained and developed to key positions, both ashore and afloat, and that essential knowledge and skills are maintained.
• In partnership with Marine Services, and with full transparency to clients, ensure the full range of potential marine service offerings are considered across the managed fleet to maximise the potential value that V.Group can provide.• Provide advice and guidance to the Fleet Managers to ensure awareness of developments within the industry locally and on relevant statutory and other regulations.
• Ensure that risk assessments for all existing and new business projects are in place, and are initiated, executed and closed-out in a timely fashion. Ensure effective oversight into incidents and/or accidents ensuring that at all times they are conducted in an honest and transparent manner and that due consideration is given to the influence and impact of human factors on behaviour(s).
|• Master Mariner/Chief Engineer/Naval Architect or similar level qualification in a marine related managerial role
• Excellent technical understanding, awareness and knowledge of all relevant requirements involved in the safe and efficient running of the managed fleet with a good understanding and experience of managing financial budget
• Have good knowledge of Port State Control, Flag state, MLCC Compliance and Vessel Classification• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff teams; share skills and knowledge with others• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels
• Highest personal integrity standards
• Positive outlook, a self-motivated team leader
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to make change happen
• Excellent analytical and numerical reasoning skills, uses data and analysis to guide and influence decision making, strong attention to detail.
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector – a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
To apply click here: https://vgroup-hr.secure.force.com/Recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN1241