Carnival Cruise Line is marking this Cinco de Mayo by highlighting that it expects more than three million guests to sail to Mexican ports this year on its ships, with projections growing to 3.5 million by 2024. Cozumel is Carnival’s most popular destination in Mexico, with an estimated 1.6 million guests visiting the port this year. Additional ports in Mexico that Carnival ships visit regularly include: Progreso, Costa Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada and Mazatlan.
Carnival offers various tours and excursions across Mexico. Here are five experiences that are among the most enjoyed by Carnival guests in the cruise line’s most popular Mexican destination of Cozumel.
Five Experiences Popular Among Carnival Guests Visiting Cozumel
- Ancient City Of Tulum. This tour brings guests to the ancient Mayan paradise kingdom of Tulum. Guests learn the history of Mayan culture and see a former Mayan trade site that stands atop a cliff. A guided tour explores the main temples of “El Castillo,” the Temple of the Descendent God, the Maya Water Temple, and the Temple of the Frescoes.
- Adventure Jeep, Snorkel & Anemona Beach Club: The natural beauty of Mexico’s east coast is on full display during this tour. Punta Sur Ecological Park is the largest nature reserve in Cozumel. It includes Anemona de Mar Beach Club, one of the most exclusive, secluded and untouched beaches located in the natural reserve as well as a visit to the Celarain Lighthouse – a picturesque place that provides the perfect backdrop for a tequila tasting session.
- Tabasco’s Chef Maestro, Cooking & Tasting: Guests learn the secrets of traditional Mexican regional cuisine as they prepare a delicious three-course meal under the guidance of a master chef. Along with the meal, guests also learn how to prepare a perfect margarita.
- Amazing Secret River: One of the Cozumel region’s most unique natural treasures is a series of caverns connected by underground waterways called the Rio Secreto Natural Reserve. Guests are guided through a subterranean world to marvel at natural formations as they wade through the many caverns and swim in the crystal-clear cenote.
- Xcaret Park: Thanks to its privileged location next to the Caribbean Sea in the Mayan jungle among underground rivers and cenotes, Xcaret Park offers a wide variety of different activities for guests to enjoy. From the aviary that provides sanctuary to more than 1,500 native birds to the underground Blue, Manatee and Mayan rivers and the aquarium that showcases the richness of Mexico’s coral reefs, Xcaret Park and attractions honor Mexico’s natural wonders and the wildlife that inhabit them.