Date: 11 May 2023
Venue: Carob Mill Conference Centre
We would like to invite you to our 1st Marine Insurance Conference in Limassol, Cyprus on 11 May 2023 at the Carob Mill Conference Centre, under the auspices of the Cyprus Shipping Deputy Ministry and supported by the Cyprus Shipping Chamber, the Cyprus Marine Club, CYMEPA, WISTA Cyprus, YoungShip Cyprus and ICS Cyprus.
Shipping and by default, the Marine Insurance industry found itself in an unexpected cycl(on)e of having to deal with the combined impact of the knock-on effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the invasion of Ukraine and the Russian sanctions, coupled with natural catastrophes and consequently increased claims costs, while trying to keep pace with regulatory and inflationary challenges.
What are these knock-on effects and what was their financial and commercial impact on the marine insurance and shipping industries? Behind the scenes; How did the industry respond to these challenges? How will the market be able to weather these consequences to come out of this cycle while trying to balance in a constantly changing environment?
The above and more, will be discussed at the 1st CSN Cyprus Marine Insurance Conference “The Financial, Legal and Commercial challenges of a 3 year cycl(on)e”. The attendance of the conference is free for all employees of shipping and shipping related organisations Cyprus, but we welcome anyone who wants to contribute to the charity foundation supported by the conference by indicating it at the registration.
Save the date in your calendar for this promising marine insurance conference, where together with key industry experts from industry bodies, shipowners, ship managers, P&I Clubs, Hull and Liability, Insurance companies and Energy sector we will look at the operational aspects impacting the shipping sector.
Confirmed speakers, Chair Person, Moderators, Panellists include:
- Marina Hadjimanolis – Cyprus Shipping Deputy Minister
- Anna Vourgos, Director – Aphentrica Marine Insurance Brokers
- Loukas Hamatsos, COO – Olympic Ocean Carriers
- Frederick Kenney, Director Legal and External Affairs – IMO
- Ilias Tsakiris, Chairman – IUMI Ocean Hull Committee
- Sophoclis Constantinou, Legal Affairs Manager – Cyprus Shipping Chamber
- Stavros Ioakim, AANG Group Chief Compliance and Consulting Officer / AlphaOmegaZed (Cyprus) General Manager
- Imad Elias, Chairman – EMCO
- Harris Papaspyropoulos, Claims Director – NorthStandard
- Vagia Skarpa, Legal Counsel – FGM Chartering
- Christos Georgiou, Chief Risk Officer – AANG Group
- Dr. Iliana Varotsi – Senior Legal Consultant and Lead Industry Trainer
- Andreas Andreou, Group Director Insurance and Claims – Columbia Shipmanagement
- Ian Clarke, Head of Claims and Regional Director (Hellas) – WEST
Click here for more information