Date: 16 May 2023
Venue: Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre
We would like to invite you to our 1st CSN Greece Marine Insurance Conference in Athens, Greece on 16 May 2023 which will take place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre under the auspices of the Propeller Club and supported by The Hellenic Committee of Lloyd’s Brokers Associates, HELMEPA, WISTA Greece and AMMITEC.
Shipping and by default, the Marine Insurance industry found itself in an unexpected cycl(on)e of having to deal with the combined impact of the knock-on effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the invasion of Ukraine and the Russian sanctions, coupled with natural catastrophes and consequently increased claims costs, while trying to keep pace with regulatory and inflationary challenges.
What are these knock-on effects and what was their financial and commercial impact on the marine insurance and shipping industry? Behind the scenes; How did the industry respond to these challenges? How will the market be able to weather these consequences to come out of this cycle?
The above and more, will be discussed at the 1st CSN Greece Marine Insurance Conference “The Financial, Legal and Commercial challenges of a 3 year cycl(on)e”. The attendance of the conference is free for all employees of shipping and shipping related organisations in Greece but we welcome anyone who wants to contribute to the charity foundation “Hatzikiriakio Child Care Institution” supported by the conference by indicating it at the registration.
Save the date in your calendar for this promising marine insurance conference where together with key industry experts from industry bodies, shipowners, ship managers, P&I Clubs, Hull and Liability, Insurance companies and Energy sector we will look at the operational aspects impacting the shipping sector
Confirmed speakers, Chair Person, Moderators, Panellists include:
- Anna Vourgos, Director – Aphentrica Marine Insurance Brokers
- Ilias Tsakiris, Chairman – IUMI Ocean Hull Committee
- Stephen Martin, Senior Director – Steamship Mutual
- Manos Lorentzos, Vice Chairman – Hellenic Committee of Lloyd’s Brokers Associates
- Stavros Ioakim, AANG Group – Chief Compliance and Consulting Officer / AlphaOmegaZed (Cyprus) – General Manager
- Harris Papaspyropoulos, Claims Director – NorthStandard
- Vagia Skarpa, Legal Counsel (Legal and Insurance) – FGM Chartering
- Christos Georgiou – Chief Risk Officer – AANG Group
- Dr. Iliana Varotsi, Senior Legal Consultant and Lead Industry Trainer
- Theodora Mitropetrou, General Councel – Seanergy Maritime
- Ian Clarke, Head of Claims and Regional Director (Hellas) – WEST
Click here for more information