ECSA invites stakeholders to the first of two seminars dedicated to alternative ship financing
ECSA’s Finance, Innovation and Transition series restarts in 2023. As the shipping sector strives to decarbonise, the need for new and diversified sources of financing and funding remains crucial. The first FIT seminar will discuss the role of alternative ship financing, and in particular on the role of private finance, and how it can be part of the financing toolkit for shipping’s transition towards decarbonisation.
Opening remarks: Fabrizio Vettosi, Chair ECSA Ship Finance Working Group
- Roxana Lesovici, Member of Cabinet of Commissioner for Transport Adina Valean, European Commission
- Bergur Loekke Rasmussen, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe
Panel discussion: the role of alternative ship financing
Moderated by Marjolein Van Noort, Vice-Chair ECSA Ship Finance Working Group
- Private debt and equity funds – Gust Biesbroeck, Prow Capital
- Bank finance – Vassileia Tsirigkaki, European Banking Federation
- Bank finance – Yves Kallina, Hamburg Commercial Bank
- Shipping sector overview – Elpi Petraki, WISTA International
- Shipowner representative – Erwin Derlagen, ENESEL DRY S.A
Closing remarks: Katalin Dobranszky, Senior Director,
ECSAThe hybrid seminar will take place on 15 February 2023 from 10.00 to 12:00 CET, online and at the ECSA office.
Registration for this event is mandatory at email@example.com.
Due to limited capacity, places for in-person attendance will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.