Cyprus Shipping News is delighted to announce Island Oil Holdings as the Charity Sponsor of the 3rd CSN Cyprus Shipping ICT Conference “Roadmap in Maritime Digital Transformation”. Island Oil Holdings will donate a significant amount to the charity foundation Voice for Autism where the money will go directly from the sponsor to the foundation. The conference attendance will be free of charge for the Cyprus Shipping industry, but we welcome anyone who wants to contribute to the charity foundation by indicating it at the registration. The handing over of the cheque from Island Oil Holdings to the Voice for Autism foundation will take place during the conference before the lunch break.
Founded in 1992, Island Oil Holdings primarily dealt with the marine bunker, lubricant supply and trading. Island Oil was quickly embraced by the industry and was entrusted by blue chip clients from local and international shipping markets, building a strong reputation as a reliable partner-supplier.
Headquartered in Limassol, Island Oil is the flagship of a group of companies mainly active in the marine and domestic fuels sector. The company has physical supply stations in Cyprus, Romania and Israel, shareholding in a fuel depot in Ukraine and additional offices in Piraeus, Singapore, Constanta, Haifa, and Odessa.
Island Oil is a major recognised player in the global bunker market. This has been achieved through a client oriented approach, strong financial management, controlled growth and a highly skilled and trained team of professionals.
Vessels utilised for bunkering and/or cargo transportation are managed in-house by Petronav Ship Management Limited which is a fully owned subsidiary of the Island Oil Holdings group.
Voice for Autism was founded by a group of concerned parents and professionals united in the belief that we have to secure basic human rights and give a voice to young adults with disabilities. We are anchored by the conviction that every individual is entitled to the supports and structure necessary to maximize their potential and live an independent and enriched life.
Mission: Advocacy, action and support for young adults with disabilities to build meaningful, connected lives. We work to advance independence, productivity and inclusion; and advocate for improved public and private policies.
Goals & Values:
- To create a group home providing independent and supported living services for young adults with disabilities so they can reach their fullest potential. The home will be run by professional, trained and caring staff and will offer life skills and recreational activities.
- To successfully navigate transitions for young adults with disabilities in all aspects of their lives.
- To provide employment opportunities for young people with disabilities. Our goal is to match individual interests and skills to employment. The focus is inclusion, productivity and self-worth.
- To create and support high-quality programs that maximize the potential of young people with disabilities and provide opportunities to participate at college campuses, volunteer centres, work sites, and other educational and recreational activities.
- To advocate for inclusive communities and strategic initiatives to transform the national landscape for young adults with disabilities.
- To educate communities to recognize capabilities not disabilities.
*Inclusion *Independence *Empowerment *Integrity *Community