Winners included personalities and organisations that revealed exceptional success stories despite the market challenges
Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa, in association with Lloyd’s List, which are the only awards to feature during UAE Maritime Week 2021, took place last evening under the patronage of the UAE Ministry for Energy and Infrastructure. The awards saw a total of 16 winners announced from a remarkable shortlist. Of the 16 winners, 11 came from independently judged categories that recognise specific industry achievements including safety, sustainability initiatives, technical innovations, education, specific industry achievements and more.
A total of five independent panels collectively contributed their time and expertise to evaluating each nomination and providing a transparent judging process, with the finalists going through two rounds of judging ahead of the evening.
Andrew Williams, President, Informa Markets Maritime, commented from the ceremony: “Across the Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa, maritime markets have faced challenging and disruptive circumstances. However, both the volume and quality of nominations submitted this year tell the story of a region that, through innovative thinking and resilience, continues to thrive.
“Each of our winners and finalists are to be congratulated on their achievements tonight, of which this presentation comes at a timely moment with the recent announcement of the UAE’s re-election onto the IMO Council as a Category B member for the third year,” continued Williams.
Here is the full list of winners:
- CORPORATE EXCELLENCE AWARDS:
- Safety & Quality Award: Bahri Ship Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award: Tristar Maritime
- Education & Training Award: Bahri & Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (Highly Commended)
- INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE AWARDS:
- Shipping Company of the Year: Tomini Shipping
- Outstanding SME Performance Award: Constellation Marine Services
- Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Award: ASRY – Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard Company
- TECHNICAL INNOVATION AWARDS:
- Technical Innovation Award: Alpha Ori Technologies
- Sustainable Shipping Award: ADNOC Logistics & Services
- LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE AWARDS, in association with TOC Worldwide
- Port & Terminal Operator Award: Ports Cluster, Part of AD Ports Group
- Logistics Solution of the Year: MICCO Logistics, Part of AD Ports Group
- EDITORIAL CHOICE AWARD CATEGORIES:
- Regional Deal of the Year: Red Sea Gateway Terminal
- Diversity & Equality Award (Sponsored by Tomini Shipping): DP World UAE
- Young Person of the Year: Marwan Mubarak, President, YoungShip Dubai
- Personality of the Year Award (Sponsored by DP World UAE): Abdullah Aldubaikhi, Chief Executive Officer, Bahri
- Outstanding Achievement Award (Sponsored by Drydocks World, a DP World Company): King Abdullah Port
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Sponsored by Abu Dhabi Maritime): Mohammed Al Muallem, Executive Vice President – Office of the Chairman, DP World
Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa, in association with Lloyd’s List, will return in 2022 as part of next year’s Seatrade Maritime Middle East, which will take place in Abu Dhabi