Virgin Voyages’ Scarlet Lady invites Sailors to shake off lockdown blues and seas the (holi)day on UK maiden voyage
- Virgin Voyages welcomes guests on board the glamorous boutique hotel at sea, Scarlet Lady
- From Michelin-inspired menus and transformative cabins, to mermaid hideaways and ‘Shake for ChampagneTM,’ guests will finally be able to experience all that Scarlet Lady has to offer
- Limited cabins available for the Summer Soiree Series, the only UK-sailing opportunity, with prices starting from £599 for the Summer WeekDaze and £499 for the Long Weekender
Sailors rejoice! Virgin Voyages is thrilled to be welcoming Sailors on board the brand’s first Lady Ship, Scarlet Lady, for her first official sailing. Debuting with her Summer Soirée Series, Scarlet Lady will be berthed in Portsmouth for her six UK sailings around the English Channel.
Set sail the Virgin way on Sneak-a-Peek sailings for a taste of Virgin Voyages and its relaxed luxe cruising experience. Adult-by-Design, Scarlet Lady is set to elevate cruising in a way only Virgin can:
- Ditch the rule book – say goodbye to set menus, strict dress codes or enforced mealtimes and bid Ahoy! to food from 20+ eateries, basic bevvies and all tips included.
- Dining, but not like you know it – foodies will be blown away by more than 20 eateries led by a collective of Michelin-starred chefs, including the world’s only Korean BBQ at sea and handmade pasta made fresh on board, every day.
- Shake for ChampagneTM – exclusive to the Virgin Voyages Sailor App, a shake of the phone reveals a secret Virgin Voyages Champagne button that delivers a bottle of Champagne anywhere on board.
- A spa built for a sea queen – inspired by an underwater cave, the Redemption Spa features all the spa classics, as well as a mud room where Sailors can slather themselves in (you guessed it!) mud and a custom-built salt therapy chamber.
- Get your dose of Vitamin Sea – with enclaves like The Perch built for relaxation or introspection along with complimentary group workout classes like sunrise / sunset yoga and amazing, high-energy nightlife, detox and retox is the name of the game.
- Experience the modern romance of sailing – the most sought-after interior designers dreamed up an enchanting boutique hotel at sea with fresh, elevated spaces that strike the perfect balance of nautical and glamour.
- Voyage Well – peace of mind for every Sailor including industry leading partnerships with organizations like AtmosAir and EcoLab, enhanced sanitization protocols, virtual queues, wearable tech and ShipEats, our contactless food delivery.
Tom McAlpin, President and CEO of Virgin Voyages, says, “With our expansive F&B options, beautiful spa, amazing crew and festival-style lineup of on-board entertainment, Scarlet Lady challenges the status quo in every way. Not only are we committed to helping our Sailors create the most memorable vacation, but we want to provide the safest travel experience possible without compromising on the fun we all deserve.”
The first of four ships for Virgin Voyages, Scarlet Lady has an impressive 1,330 cabins and 78 RockStar Quarters on board – with 86 per cent of cabins featuring a balcony and 93 per cent overlooking ocean views. Standout features like ambient mood lighting and intelligent architecture are built into the dynamic design.
Working with a Creative Collective comprised of some of the most sought-after designers, artists and architects such as Tom Dixon’s Research studio and Roman and Williams (to name a few), Virgin Voyages has created a sanctuary at sea for the 18+ traveller. The Wake, known as the most glamorous restaurant on the ship, and Richard’s Rooftop, an exclusive chic outdoor lounge, are not to be missed for design lovers. Each space offers a distinct voice with additional highlights including The Red Room, the first multi-form theater at sea, The Dock, a rustic beach-club serving Mediterranean-inspired tapas, Sip, the decadent Champagne house, and B-Complex complete with its Build, Bike and Balance rooms.
Sailing safely remains Virgin Voyages’ top priority, signalling a continuation of the brand’s Voyage Well initiatives. Only residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will be able to sail on the Summer Soirée Series – with Sailors aged 18+ fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To further expand on its commitment to sailing safely, Virgin Voyages will achieve Crew vaccination requirements set forth by the UK government under the “Covid Mitigation Framework.” In addition, Virgin Voyages is working closely with the UK authorities from the local health departments, port authorities, MCA / Coast Guard, Department of transportation and the UK Chamber of Shipping to ensure that all our protocols are in place.
After her limited UK season, Scarlet Lady will head to her home port in Miami with itineraries to the Caribbean. Virgin Voyages will also welcome its second Lady Ship, Valiant Lady, to Portsmouth in 2022 on three new itineraries, including late-night and overnight stays in Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, the Canary Islands, Lisbon and Belgium. From there, she heads to Barcelona for the Med season.
For more information on Scarlet Lady and the Summer Soirée Series or Valiant Lady’s 2022 schedule, future Sailors and travel partners are invited to check out Virgin Voyages by visiting www.virginvoyages.com. Cabins are limited so anchors away!