Today, M/V “Henry Oldendorff” was named by Ms. Wei of ICBC Financial Leasing, Beijing. This Newcastlemax is the first of four newbuildings, to be delivered from Hantong Shipyard in China between now and late summer 2021.
The first two were sold to subsidiaries of ICBC Financial Leasing with 5 + 5 + 2 years bareboat charter back to Oldendorff Carriers on an index-linked floating rate basis.
- 208,000 tdw MV “Henry Oldendorff” – delivery 3rdDec 2020 (sold with charter back)
- 208,000 tdw MV “Hugo Oldenodrff” – delivery Jan / Feb 2021 (sold with charter back)
- 208,000 tdw MV “Heide Oldendorff” – delivery June 2021 (own)
- 208,000 tdw MV “Hauke Oldendorff” – delivery Aug / Sep 2021 (own)
When the last vessel is delivered, we will have built a total of 19 ship at this prestigious private shipbuilder since 2019, consisting of 12 Kamsarmaxes and 7 Newcastlemaxes. We have resold 8 of the ships to third parties, 6 of those with floating bareboat charter back.
The other newbuildings still to join our fleet are the two specialized Transloaders, which are under construction at Chengxi Shipyard for deployment under a 25 year coal transshipment contract in Vietnam.
- 21,500 tdw MV “Calypso” – takeover Dec 20 / Jan 21
- 21,500 tdw MV “Anna” – takeover July / Aug 2021