Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM) is an integrated maritime solutions provider. Managing a fleet of 600 vessels, 18,000 seafarers and 2,000 shore-based employees enable the delivery of safe, reliable, and efficient ship management services through a network of 11 ship management, 24 crew service, four wholly-owned maritime training centers, and six representative offices across the world.
Supports the Company’s operation by the highest quality standards in international ship-management. Implements LPSQ and environmental processes across assigned vessels and proceeds to corrective measures in cases of deviations to enhance operational excellence. Performs visits to vessels to identify their compliance with LPSQ processes, procedures, and standards.
- Monitors the competition concerning the methods and regulations of the LPSQ operations, gathers intelligence for improvement suggestions.
- Identifies and analyses risks associated with the company’s LPSQ processes and acts proactively.
- Follows-up the activities concerning LPSQ issues of the assigned onboard personnel and other employees.
- Monitors the accurate implementation of the Company’s environmental policies on the assigned vessels.
- Monitors the operational performance of assigned vessels and advises the Masters, on how to improve the safety onboard and apply environmentally friendly activities.
- Supports the development of onboard investigation plan and performs ship visits to identify the compliance of the vessels’ operations with the LPSQ standards and processes.
- Investigates possible causes of accidents / incidents and develops reports with improvement recommendations on the procedures or working behaviours.
- Implements the ISM Code and other shipboard audits to vessels.
- Updates PAL Compliance module with NC / Obs identified during ship visits.
- Develops reports concerning LPSQ issues and results, and upon approval, submits them to ship owners, BSM clients, and management.
- Coordinates with external maritime authorities, auditors, and / or any other supervisory bodies for the execution of external audits.
- Coordinates with Fleet Managers and Superintendents to implement the Performance Appraisals for all Senior Officers of assigned vessels.
- Coaches team with training, development, performance management, and career progression.
- Participates in the development of the department’s budget and supports its accurate execution. Identifies cost-saving opportunities, and proposes corrective actions in case of deviations, to ensure compliance with set targets.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine or Naval Engineering.
- Holder of a Master / Senior Officer’s Certificate.
- 3 Years of sailing experience as a Master / Senior Officer.
- 4-6 Years of experience as LPSQ superintendent or HSQ within a ship management / owning company.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, environmental and safety standards.
- Knowledge of Legislation concerning Quality and Safety.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in customer management.
- Knowledge of the local/regional maritime market conditions.
- People management skills.
- Fluency in Greek and English.
- PC literacy.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV at:
latest by the 30th of November 2020.