We are seeking to recruit a Technical Superintendent
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and ensuring the technical soundness and the efficient performance of the vessels:
- Training, briefing, instructing, and monitoring the performance of shipboard staff, when required or as a part of their visits on board the ships
- Monitoring of ship’s budgets (budget vs spending) for the budget codes allocated to the Technical Department
- Control of the performance of the vessels about speed, fuel consumption
- Keeping the Technical Manager well informed of the vessel’s performance and maintenance standards, by preparing technical and budget reports as required by the Management
- Visiting each vessel at least once every year and carry out a Technical Superintendent Inspection
- Supporting the responsible department or Officer for all Technical issues in the event of P&I or H&M claims
- Participating in Safety System Reviews and implementing corrective actions from decisions or non-conformities
- Monitoring and controlling the Class and Statutory surveys and certificates which fall under the responsibility of the Technical Department
- Follow up the pending Technical issues and the corrective actions to be taken
- Review of the SQMS established Forms/Checklists sent from the vessels under his responsibility
In addition, the Technical Superintendent is responsible for the Technical Department’s part of the procurement procedures for the vessels under his charge, which include:
- Recommending to Procurement Officers the approved suppliers for each case.
- Checking all incoming requisitions from vessels and instructing the Procurement Officers to obtain quotations and/or place orders accordingly
- Approving a requisition while considering: quality, priority, transportation cost, reliability of the supplier
- Approving invoices for payment.
- Monitoring urgent deliveries.
- Chief Engineer’s license with a minimum of two years of office experience as Technical Superintendent
- Good Command of the English language and good communication abilities
- Decision making and leadership abilities especially in emergencies
- Good knowledge of Classification rules and statutory regulations as well as knowledge of the relevant laws and current rules required for the safe operation of a vessel
- Adequate knowledge of marine insurance and preparation of claims
- Broad knowledge of various types of ships and engine types/makes
- Purchasing knowledge and budget cost control
- Commitment to work and if needed work at irregular hours and travel overseas
- Co-operative, able to manage and control people
To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter quoting the job title and its number to the attention of Human Resources Manager, at [email protected]
by the 8th November 2020
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.