- A University degree in engineering, or equivalent technical certifications, and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- PC proficiency. Sufficient computer skills to work with MS Office
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application
- Radio Operator License, Maintainer preferred
- Fluent in English (verbal and written); additional language skills are an advantage.
- Outstanding organizational, communication and (people) management abilities.
- Fulltime availability and flexible regarding working hours and ability to travel through Europe Physically Fit – Work environment often involves carrying 20–40 lbs., climbing ladders/masts and exposure to weather.
ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC SERVICES
Under limited supervision, the service engineer will install, service, and repair electronic equipment on board ships.
The Engineer will test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, and antennas as well as loading, updating, and modifying software. He will also have to install new equipment and comply with all interfacing regulations.
Switchboards, Circuit breakers and electric installations will also be included in this scope. The engineers will utilize their knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems and make intelligent use of blueprints and manuals to accurately achieve assignments. Upon completing the assignment, the engineer
will compose a detailed service report.
Installation/servicing of all equipment supplied by One Tech. Types of equipment serviced:
Radars, ECDIS, Satcoms, MF/HF and VHF Radios, GPS, Gyrocompasses, Autopilots, Sounders, Speedlogs, BNWAS, GMDSS Equipment, VDRs
The service engineer will calibrate as well as commission the new ICCP and MGPS systems of the vessel during drydocking as well as to be able to bond the sterntube seals of the vessel with the method of vulcanizing. In addition, he must be able to commission
an ODME system and calibrate the bilge alarm system of the vessel with the kit and issue certificates of the PPM15 system.
Mechanical Services go on to the engines as well with required experience on main and auxiliary engines services and overhauls.
Types of mechanical equipment serviced:
Main Engines, Auxiliary Engines, Turbo Chargers, BWTS, ODME,
Bilge Alarm PPM15 System, ICCP, MGPS, Sterntube Seals
|Job Category||ENGINEERS Department|
|Job Type||Full Time|