- To plan, as necessary, the activities of the office.
- To plan vacation / leave scheduling of subordinates, and manpower requirements in the office.
- To assess, plan and recommend staffing levels required to carry out the assignments of the office.
- To ensure that the appropriate training of subordinates is undertaken.
- To assist in the preparation of financial budgets, forecasts and estimates, as required by the Head of Operations.
- To assist in the development and implementation of victualing standards, policies and procedures.
- To handle a specific number of vessels and assist others when required.
- To oversee special catering projects such as offshore, remote side catering, cruise vessels, etc.
- To monitor operating budgets.
- To monitor quality of victualing services delivered onboard and ensure that these meet/exceed client and crew’s expectations.
- To communicate inter-office issues as required.
- To communicate with clients on issues pertaining to the provided service.
- To assist in the control of activities (as per company guidelines) in case of incidents or emergencies.
- Any other appropriate role-related duties as indicated by Management.
- University degree in Maritime, Hospitality or Business Administration.
- Over 5 years’ work experience in an Operations Manager role within the shipping or cruise industry.
- Experience in developing and implementing operational procedures and manuals.
- Experience with development and implementation of operational budgets.
- Experience in preparation of tenders and negotiations with food and beverage suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff teams with willingness and ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Sound understanding of finance with good analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Accounting systems.
- The highest personal integrity standards.
- A positive outlook and be a self-motivated team leader.
- A very good command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Holder of current Cyprus eligibility to work documents
All interested applicants please apply here: