Dromon Bureau of Shipping (DromonClass) is seeking to employ a Naval Architect to support its Engineering Department.
This position’s primary role is to carry out engineering reviews undertaken by the Organisation for classed vessels and/or installations, materials, equipment and other associated elements.
The successful candidate shall report to the Marine Manager and shall have, among others, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Engineering reviews of studies and manuals such as:
- Stability Booklets and Loading Manuals through software and/or other calculation sheets
- Sopep, Fire Plans, Piping arrangements, Ballast water management plan and other ship’s specific booklets and manuals
- Evaluation of vessels’ longitudinal strength and scantlings.
- Research capabilities on Naval and Mechanical elements
- Updating of Classification Rules and Regulations in accordance with the latest of industry and international standards.
- University Degree in Naval Architecture and/or Marine Engineer with naval architecture knowledge
- Ability to review and analysis of ship’s drawings and manuals
- Knowledge of the Organization’s QMS and Health and Safety Management System.
- Min 2 years’ experience in similar position
- Experience in a Classification Society will be considered as an advantage.
- To be competent in English language commensurate with future work.
- Strong written, verbal, and data analysis skills are required.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under pressure
- Organizational skills
Conditions of Employment:
Salary and benefits according with the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send an updated CV and a cover letter referring to the position you are applying for the attention of Human Resources Manager at [email protected]
. Your application will be treated confidential.
About the Company:
DromonClass has been established in 2003 as an independent International Classification Society for sea going vessels and other marine structures dedicated to provide classification and statutory certification services with the constant objective of protecting the environment and life at sea.
Provides traditional Classification and Statutory Certification services on behalf of total twelve Flag Administrations as well as EU MRV services with a network of 70 surveyors & auditors distributed world-wide. Operates under various standards such as ISO 9001, 17020, 14065 and OHSAS 18001.
For further information please visit www.dromon.com