With immediate effect, we are looking for a Marine Data Specialist to be based at our offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct manual import of data sets from hard copy sources (PDFs) into the DNV GL product.
- Preparation and import of data templates based on Excel sheets.
- Preparation and import of data via insert scripts.
- Data migration from foreign data bases via extracts or migration tools.
- Preparation of attached files.
- Addition or/and consolidation of existing data.
- Day to day systems administration and communication with ships.
- University degree in Marine Engineering (Bachelor/Master) or Informatics (Bachelor/Master) with experience within this role.
- Sufficient ship construction, machinery and organisation knowledge.
- Knowledge/Experience of data and/or database administration (SQL language) as well as data migration will be considered as an advantage.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software and networking basics.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and problem-solving ability.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with a multicultural team and individuals at all levels within the group.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- English language skills for very good understanding of the existing ship documentation.
- International convention and rules of Classification Society will be considered as advantage.
To apply please visit UM website by clicking here.
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.