- 1978-2020: 42 years of unprecedented entrepreneurship, making CMA CGM a world leader in transport and logistics.
- Taking pride in our values and determinedly looking to the future, the CMA CGM Group is pursuing its development by both adopting new innovation-infused strategic paths and meeting its customers’ needs.
- The CMA CGM Group remains committed to maintaining its full contribution to sustainable globalization in order to meet the challenges of responsible trade.
September 13, 1978 – September 13, 2020, the CMA CGM Group celebrates its 42nd anniversary.
Marking 42 years of unprecedented entrepreneurship, outstanding expertise and human adventure with CMA CGM Group’s 110,000-strong staff.
Leveraging its strong values that are boldness, initiative, imagination, and integrity, the CMA CGM Group is determinedly looking to the future, and more than ever ready to open up new ways to innovate and meet its customers’ needs.
The CMA CGM Group’s ambition is to continuously transform the shipping and logistics industry.
Taking tangible and immediate action for the environment
In order to meet those challenges, the CMA CGM Group intends to fully contribute to sustainable globalization.
Together, we are all responsible for building a better world for future generations.
With the upcoming addition of the CMA CGM JACQUES SAADE to its fleet, the first 23,000 TEU containership to be powered by liquefied natural gas, the Group reaffirms its commitment to the future whilst also demonstrating its loyalty to its longstanding family values of boldness, initiative, integrity, and imagination.
This vessel symbolises a major breakthrough for the improvement of air quality by significantly reducing SOx, NOx, and CO2 emissions.
This ambition perfectly illustrates the spirit of innovation that drives all staff members on a daily basis, and aligns with yet another of the Group’s ambitions which is to achieve carbon neutrality throughout all its activities by 2050, thereby promoting the preservation of the environment.
Driving innovation to better meet its customers’ needs
In order to anticipate and satisfy its customers’ and partners’ needs, the CMA CGM Group is committed to a permanent innovation process:
- By engaging all of our expertise on the supply chain with CEVA Logistics in order to offer end-to-end efficient and innovative transport solutions.
- By accelerating the industry’s digitalization with first-of-their-kind breakthroughs, such as BILL OF LADING paperless or partaking in international initiatives such as the IoT or blockchain.
- By initiating the ZEBOX incubator in order to nurture and support the startups who will come up with tomorrow’s state-of-the-art solutions in the transport and industry 4.0 fields.
This 42nd anniversary therefore marks another important milestone in the CMA CGM Group’s history, opening new, evermore sustainable and evermore innovative ways, all the while remaining attentive to its customers’ needs.