Intelsat is “continuing to move business forward – at full speed and without interruption”
Over the last 50 years, Intelsat has proudly fueled the success of our valued customers around the globe, helping them achieve extraordinary goals, facilitated by our secure and reliable connectivity and content-distribution services.
That mission continues unabated today, with Intelsat. We are:
- Delivering TV and radio content to more than two billion people worldwide on 6,445 channels;
- Serving the biggest telecommunications companies in the world, including 7 of the top 10 Mobile Network Operators (MNOs);
- Providing the largest percentage of connectivity for the offshore oil & gas market;
- Operating the largest Cellular Backhaul networks on satellite;
- Providing in-flight connectivity to 75% of all commercial airplanes; and
- Serving as the largest provider of satellite communications to the U.S. government
We are at a transformational moment in the history of our company, and we are choosing to undertake a financial restructuring that will better position us – and our valued customers – for long-term success, with additional resources and wind in our sails.
During this restructuring, Intelsat’s day-to-day operations, engagement with customers and innovation plans will not change.
We are continuing to move our business forward – at full speed and without interruption. And, we remain laser-focused on serving our customers, with all of our world-class capabilities, and with the same high level of excellence they have come to expect from us.
We have already secured a commitment for $1 billion of new financing – a strong indication that our business model and plans for future growth remain solid. This financing, coupled with our significant cash-on-hand and the positive cash flow generated by our business, will help to support our ongoing operations and allow us to continue investing in the services that our valued customers need today, and in the future.
We’re continuing to execute on our future investment plans:
- Contracting for the next Intelsat Epic satellite (Intelsat 40e) to provide coverage to the continental U.S. starting in 2022, as well as new satellites to support the U.S. C-band clearing process for 5G
- Launching our Galaxy 30 satellite and proceeding with a second Mission Extension Vehiclebefore the year end
- Contracting in Q3 for the next generation of Intelsat Epic software-defined satellites
- Accelerating ground and universal modem technology and pursuing other disruptive technology opportunities
I’m excited about the future of our business and firmly believe that the financial restructuring we’ve chosen to undertake will enable us to unlock Intelsat’s potential in new and very valuable ways for our customers and the markets we serve.
If there’s anything Intelsat can do for your business or organization, let us know – we’re here to apply our unparalleled expertise and global scale to help you create your connected future.
Chief Commercial Officer, Intelsat