Safe Bulkers Management Ltd., a shipping management company based in Limassol Cyprus, is recruiting for a qualified and well organized Superintendent Engineer, with exceptional collaborative skills, hard-working and self-motivation, aiming to develop professionally in the Maritime Shipping sector.
The position requirements include:
Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering – Naval Architect
5 years working experience in a similar position
Good Computer skills (knowledge of Danaos will be considered an asset)
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the incumbent will be responsible:
- To execute in detail technical activities (preventive and corrective maintenance, annual and special surveys and dry-dockings, etc.)
- To attend vessels on board on regular basis in order to assess vessel condition and crew evaluation, to execute ISM/ISPS and ISO related audits, prepare relevant reports and propose and monitor corrective actions.
- To execute and monitor Guarantee Claims for vessels under guarantee period.
- To execute and monitor spares requisition.
- To provide continuously technical assistance to vessels in the fleet in consultation with the Fleet Technical Manager.
- To attend new-buildings construction and dry-dockings
- To execute annual and special surveys, ISM/ISPS and ISO related external audits, attend other external inspections and surveys as required (class statutory, etc.), and make sure that all Fleet’s certificates (Class/Statutory) are issued timely and are valid at all times.
- To monitor Fleet’s performance and maintenance (speed, consumption, PMS, Lub Oils analysis, SMS documentation).
- To execute Plan approval for New Buildings.
- To prepare D/D specifications and yards’ comparative evaluation.
- To monitor and follow up new rules, regulations, maker’s service letters, in cooperation with the Fleet Technical manager.
- To familiarize Master and Chief Engineer with Company’s new procedures and circulars.
- To assist Fleet Technical Manager to issue Circulars and advices/instructions to Chief Engineers and Masters.
- To assist Fleet Technical Manager in order to interview, evaluate and approve Chief Engineers and Engine officers and participate in their familiarization.
- To Liaise with Fleet Technical Manager in order to ensure adequate provision of technical services, technical assistance to the vessels and propose corrective actions as required.
- To Liaise with Fleet Operation Manager in order to ensure smooth and continuous vessel operations according to rules and regulations.
- To Liaise with Supply Officer in order to ensure delivery of spare parts onboard.
Please send your resume [email protected]
and be contacted by a recruiter to discuss this opportunity!
By applying to our company you consent to process your personal data according to our GDPR policy for the recruitment period after which they will be erased