Exceptional actions warrant international acknowledgement in the IMRF Awards 2020
The 5th IMRF Awards are now open for nominations
“Every day around the world, maritime search and rescue (SAR) volunteers and professionals save lives at sea. It’s a tradition as old as anyone can remember and enshrined in international and maritime law – but we shouldn’t take it for granted” says Theresa Crossley, CEO International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF).
“Today we are calling on everyone involved in maritime SAR to ‘take a step back’ and to celebrate the dedication of their colleagues or recognise the equipment that makes SAR operations possible today that would have been unthinkable even a few short years ago. It’s time to submit your nominations for the IMRF Awards 2020. It is time to say thank you and well done!”
The IMRF Awards recognise volunteers and professional SAR personnel alike, from those developing innovative technology or equipment, to those involved in hands-on multi agency rescues, to those who have dedicated their lives to building maritime SAR service in their region or to women acting as an inspiration to others in a traditionally male dominated sector.
The highly regarded International Awards are now in their fifth year, nominations come from around the world and the five categories are;
- Individual: For Outstanding Individual Contribution to Maritime SAR Operations
- Team: For Outstanding Team Contribution to Maritime SAR Operations
- Innovation & Technology: For Innovation and Technology in the field of Maritime SAR
- Lifetime Achievement: The Vladimir Maksimov Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Maritime SAR Sector
- #WomeninSAR Award: recognising exceptional inspiring SAR women
The closing date for nominations is 30 June 2020, and the winners will be announced on 7 October 2020 at a ceremony on board HQS Wellington, a historic vessel moored on the River Thames in London, UK.