How shipping companies are improving performance and reducing fuel costs
Shipping companies are under increasing pressure to look harder at how they manage vessel performance and reduce fuel costs. Digital Ship’s vessel performance optimisation forum in Athens on Feb 11
The core topic must be the vessel performance monitoring system. Here we have case studies from Pantheon Tankers and Alpha Bulkers, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement, and LATSCO Marine Management.
Surrounding this is broader efforts to manage fuel costs. We will hear perspectives from Arista Shipping, Miros, and DTN.
The human factor needs to be carefully considered for any successful project. Tsakos Columbia Shipmanagement, and Iason Hellenic Shipping will explain how they do it.
If money is being spent on improving vessel performance, shipowners will want to see a return. Keystone Law will share perspectives on the investment case.
Forum’s Chairman – Antonis Trakakis, Chief Technology Officer, Forward Shipping
- Dimitri Alexander Kyritsis, Energy and Environmental Manager, Tsakos Columbia Shipmanagement
- Sakis Vareltzis, Technical Manager, Iason Hellenic Shipping Co. Ltd
- Frank Paleokrassas, Fleet Performance Manager, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement
- Maria Tsompanoglou, Energy Performance Manager, PANTHEON TANKERS / ALPHA BULKERS / ALPHA GAS
- Anastasia Papadopoulou, Partner, Keystone Law
- Stavros F. Papageorgiou, Operational Technology & Energy Manager, LATSCO Marine Management
- Mags Moroney, Region Manager, DTN (MeteoGroup)
- Andreas Brekke, CEO, MirosGroup
- Alex Charvalias, Senior Product Manager, MarineTraffic
- Mike Konstantinidis, CEO, METIS
- Carlos Losada, Portfolio Manager, Energy Optimisation, Wartsila Voyage Solutions
The conference will include roundtable discussions on the main issues, an opportunity for all attendees to personally engage in discussions with a small group of delegates on topics of specific personal interest
Panel & round table discussions will cover:
How Can We Better Use Technological Advances to Reduce Fuel Costs?
How can we make better use of big data?
How can we save bunkers on each and every voyage? And How can we better optimise Human Factor?
Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso Athens
Agiou Nikolaou 10,
Vouliagmeni 166 71,
No admission charge for ship owners, operators, managers and builders.
To register: https://www.athens.vpoglobal.com/register