The Company has hired strategic advisors to support corporate activity, M&A and divestment opportunities and provide strategic advice to maximize the value of the platform and the assets. The Company has made it clear both in the 2nd and 3rd quarter 2019 press release that it has recently sold a significant number of assets at prices well above what was implied by the 2nd and 3rd quarter 2019 traded share price and illustrated this numerically in the earnings call presentations.
The Company is of the firm belief that there is value in excess of the quoted share price and has initiated a $2.5 million share repurchase program (details below).
Share Repurchase Program
The Board of Directors of Team Tankers International Ltd. has authorized the Company to commence a $2.5 million share repurchase program.
The Board of Directors of Team Tankers International has in a Resolution dated 21 November 2019 authorized the Company to commence a $2.5 million share repurchase program. The objective of the share repurchase program is to reduce the capital of Team Tankers. The share repurchase program will be carried out in accordance with the Bye-Laws of the Company and applicable laws and regulations.
Key terms of the share repurchase program include:
- The maximum consideration that the Company may pay for the shares purchased under the program is USD 2,500,000.
- The shares may be purchased up to NOK 6.00.
- The limit on the number of shares that may be acquired is 5,750,000.
- The share repurchase program period runs from 25 November 2019 and ends on 31 March 2020, both days inclusive.
- No shares may be bought at a price higher than the greater of the share price of the latest independent trade or the highest current independent offer price at Oslo Børs at the time of the trade.
- The maximum number of shares in Team Tankers which may be purchased on each trading day corresponds to 50% of the average daily trading volume of Team Tankers shares in October 2019, amounting to 32,438 shares daily. Due to the low liquidity of Team Tankers’ shares, the Company may deviate from the normal 25% limit and the Company also wishes to reserve the possibility of deviating from the 50% limit in the event of being offered a block of shares which Team Tankers can buy at the same levels they would pay in the market.
- The reporting obligations under Norwegian law and Oslo Børs regulations must be fulfilled by Team Tankers within the applicable time limits.
Team Tankers has retained Clarksons Platou Securities AS as sole financial advisor and manager for the share repurchase program.