‘‘Career opportunity to join MSC SHIPMANAGEMENT LIMITED, one of the world’s leading shipmanagement companies’’
Role Overview: In this role you will use your professional skills and knowledge to support and assist our Safety, Quality & Insurance Department and contribute in achieving Department’s objectives in line with our high internal standards and external requirement. You will keep abreast with development related to your duties and responsibilities and you will take any other duties as and when required by your Manager. You will demonstrate a basic but good understanding of QHSE management systems, your competency for effective communication, organization and adaptability and your strong computer skills.
- Maintaining updated records and ensuring application of all statutory documents.
- Preparing, implementing, participating and following up of Office Internal and External Audit program.
- Monitoring vessels’ certificates and documentation related to ISM Code, ISPS, MLC & ISO Compliance.
- Following up on corrective actions and closing of non-conformities by responsible staff in the office.
- Monitoring and recording familiarization of the Office staff with revisions to QSEMS.
- Circulating safety and security related information received from external sources to the Fleet.
- Performing analysis and statistical recording of Accidents, Incidents and Near Miss reports.
- Collating and recording the Opportunity for Improvement of the fleet as per Manager’s instructions.
- Recording and analyzing deficiencies issued during Port State & Flag State inspection. Monitoring vessels’ reporting on correction and submitting appropriate reports to Flag State Administrations after consultation with Managers/Deputy managers.
- Processing and placing orders of ENC to provider after obtaining approval.
- Monitoring the update of Department’s records in AMOS 2 including audits, PSC & FS Inspections, Certificates, Incidents, Accidents and Near Miss reports.
- Preparing for review by Superintendents / CSO / Deputy CSO and submitting of Ship Security Plans, Ship Security Assessments and other recognized organizations and/or Flag State Administration.
- Monitoring the submission of the End-of-Month reports by the fleet in AMOS PMP.
- Obtaining Authorization from Flag State Administration for placing of Security Guards on board.
- Preparing the “Take-over” boxes and other and, arranging their delivery to the agreed destination.
- Applying and proceeding with amendments of CSR’s.
- Arranging applications for vessels as required such as vessels calling US and Pamana.
- Assisting and follow up on Insurance matters including crew injury & claims, stevedore damage, certificates, record keeping etc.
- Updating all Safety & Quality Department’s and Company’s KPI as scheduled by GM – Safety, Quality & Insurance and preparing the Management Review Minute
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Shipping / Maritime or related to the role.
- Previous working experience in Safety & Quality and/or Technical position.
- Strong IT Skills. Experience in AMOS will be considered as an advantage.
- Basic knowledge and good understanding of QSEEMS.
- Basic knowledge of International, National regulations and requirements.
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical skills
- Reporting writing skills
- Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written.
Please forward your resume with a cover letter here.
Warning: Beware that fraudsters are currently illicitly using our Company’s name to abuse potential candidates.
MSC Shipmanagement Limited will not ask its candidates to pay any kind of fee for their applications or for so-called visa / passport costs. You should avoid any demand of payment in the course of your application with us.
In case of any doubt please contact us at [email protected] – Please note that this address will not entertain any application emailed directly.