Monitors and controls the smooth operation of all vessels assigned and handles the provision of the required technical support and maintenance, in order to achieve the desired levels of operational performance.
- Monitors the effective operation of the equipment and machinerys of the assigned vessels, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies from operational standards, proposing and upon approval implementing solutions that will enhance the safety, efficiency and performance of the vessels.
- Co-ordinates and attends, whenever required, maintenance activities, including dry-docking, of the assigned vessels and monitors that quality repair work is carried out according to plan and approved budget, providing support and guidance for the handling of equipment breakdown and malfunctioning, in order to support the on-time and cost effective repair of the vessel.
- Supports the development of the OPEX budget of the assigned vessels, including spare parts and technical training, and follows-up its accurate execution, monitoring the development of the actual operational costs throughout the year, and proposes adjustments and corrective actions, that will reduce the cost and improve the effectiveness of services.
- Performs scheduled and ad-hoc visits to the assigned vessels, in order to monitor their performance and verify the overall compliance of the vessel with company’s processes, procedures and standards. Implements all corrective actions, as derived from the inspections, so as to support the operational efficiency and quality of company’s provided services.
- Reviews, investigates and reports the technical breakdown and personnel accidents in areas under charge, and researches for preventive measures in order to avoid repetition. Follows all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures’ control as per company’s LPSQ policy and instructions so that safety level of seafarers is enhanced.
Education & Qualifications
- BSc degree in Mechanical, Marine Engineering or equivalent
- Chief Engineer’s qualification
- 3 years sailing experience as Chief Engineer (3 yrs actual sailing experience) and
- At least 3 year of shore experience as a technical superintendent with a ship management/owning company
- Experience on Dry bulk carriers, tankers. LPG will be considered as an advantage.
Job Specific Skills
- Strong knowledge of vessels’technical requirements and voyage regulations
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of the local and regional market of technical subcontractors
- Team work and cooperation
- Very good organisational skills
- Fluency in English
- PC literacy
If you are interested for the position please submit your CV to Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (Cyprus) Ltd latest by 25th November 2019, with a covering letter, explaining the reasons you would be suited to the position.